Facebook Dating is one of Facebook’s most popular features. Granted it is popular, lots of people may mistake it for dating groups on Facebook while some may not even have an idea such a service exists. This unawareness may stem from the fact that the Facebook Dating service is only available in a handful of countries.
If you’re looking to get hitched, Facebook Dating is one good medium to try out.
Dating on Facebook
There’s a chance people who’ve tried other dating services will lean towards Facebook dating. The major cause for that may be due to the fact that Facebook offers its dating services for free, unlike on other dating platforms which charge a small fortune.
To take advantage of this free service, one must have a registered Facebook account. Facebook Dating is a feature baked right into the Facebook site and thus does not require any other downloads. This means already existing Facebook users can get on straight to using this service.
As earlier stated, Facebook Dating isn’t available in all locations. As such, not all Facebook users can access the service. To find out if the feature is available in your location, follow the steps outlined below;
- Tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontally stacked line).
- Under apps in the left pan, you should see “Dating“.
- If not, tap on “More” to expand. The Dating app should be shown now. If not, chances are it isn’t available in your location.
Creating a Facebook Account
If you’re not a registered Facebook user but would like to avail yourself of the free services of Facebook Dating, here’s how you can set up a Facebook account real quick;
- Visit the Facebook website via facebook.com.
- Click the “Sign up” button.
- On the next page, you will be required to enter your personal information.
- Once done click the “Sign up” button again below.
- To verify your Facebook account, you will have to enter the code sent to you.
- After entering the code, click “Verify” or “Confirm“.
How to Set up Your Facebook Dating Profile
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Tap on the menu icon or three lines and tap on “See more“.
- Tap on Dating or the heart icon.
- Fill in your gender and confirm your location.
- Arrange in order the 12-profile tile which is either a photo or an answer to one of the Facebook dating questions.
- Upload a dating photo to make your profile look unique.
- Then specify preferences for your match in the dating settings on your account.