These days, thanks to the growth of app stores – both Android and iOS – almost any app can be acquired. However, there are few misconceptions around this. Some services are just features which at times are an integral part of an app, and for that reason cannot be downloaded separately.
The Facebook Dating service is one of those such features. While its available for use by Facebook users, it isn’t available for separate downloads on the app stores. But, if you’re registered on Facebook, you can take advantage of the Facebook Dating without worrying about downloading any other apps.
Facebook Dating App On the App Stores
If you searched “Facebook Dating App” on any of the app stores, chances are, you’re only getting dating apps from the result. Facebook hasn’t created a dating app as of now.
If you must use Facebook’s dating services, you have to be a registered Facebook user. Once this prerequisite has been met, the next thing to do is create a dating profile. This dating profile is by the way independent of your main Facebook profile. However, you could include things from your main profile on your dating profile.
Using the Facebook Dating feature requires no payments. Facebook offers its dating services for free.
How to Set up a Facebook Dating Profile
- Tap on the hamburger menu (three stacked horizontal lines) on the top right (Android) or bottom right (iOS).
- Tap on the “Dating” option in the left pane.
- To opt-in, tap on the app to load it.
- To set up your profile, fill in your personal details such as your height, religion, education, degrees, job title, etc.
- With the account you already have, Facebook will make some suggestions or recommendations on things to be added to the profile and set up pictures, and collect some other information such as name and age.
You will be matched with some other user who you’re most likely to hit it off with. Facebook claims it has a whole algorithm to figure that out. Until then, keep your fingers crossed.