Nowadays, almost any app can be acquired thanks to the proliferation of app stores – both Android and iOS. However, there are a few myths surrounding this. Certain services are simply features that are sometimes included as part of an app and thus cannot be downloaded separately.
One of these features is the Facebook Dating service. While it is accessible to Facebook users, it is not available as a standalone app in the app stores. However, if you’re a Facebook user, you can access Facebook Dating without having to download any additional apps.
Facebook Dating App On the App Stores
If you search for “Facebook Dating App” in any of the app stores, you’re likely to find only dating apps. As of now, Facebook does not have a dating app.
You must be a registered Facebook user in order to use Facebook’s dating services. After meeting this prerequisite, the next step is to create a dating profile. By the way, this dating profile is separate from your primary Facebook profile. You may, however, incorporate elements from your primary profile into your dating profile.
There are no fees associated with using the Facebook Dating feature. Facebook’s dating service is completely free.
How to Set up a Facebook Dating Profile
- On the top right (Android) or bottom right (iOS), tap the hamburger menu (three stacked horizontal lines) (iOS).
- In the left pane, click the “Dating” option.
- To opt-in, load the app by tapping on it.
- To create your profile, enter your personal information, including your height, religion, education, degrees, and job title.
- With your existing account, Facebook will make suggestions or recommendations about what to add to your profile and how to set up pictures, as well as collect some additional information such as your name and age.
You will be matched with another user with whom you are most likely to click. Facebook asserts that it has an entire algorithm dedicated to determining this. Keep your fingers crossed until then.