Facebook may be the only social network that displays most user’s information by default. Given that you’re attempting to make friends, and that letting these prospective friends know what you’re about may just be the icing on the cake, this isn’t such a bad idea.
Additionally, making your friends list public may assist you in making new friends. If you send a friend request to a particular user and they access your friends list solely to see who you’re friends with, and you happen to share a friend or two with them, they’re likely to accept your request.
However, people place a high valuation on privacy, particularly on social media. These individuals prefer to keep things low-key and do not appreciate their information being broadcast for the entire universe to see.
Facebook took proactive measures to ensure the safety of this subset of users by making privacy settings available. If you’re one of these people, this post will explain how to prevent others from viewing your Facebook friends list.
How to Hide Friends List On Facebook
While the friends’ list on Facebook cannot be disabled entirely, it can be hidden by adjusting a few settings in the privacy section of your account settings. The following are the steps to take to accomplish that;
- Open the Facebook application.
- Simply click on the hamburger menu (three horizontally stacked lines). It is located in the bottom right corner of iOS devices but in the top right corner of Android devices.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Settings and Privacy.”
- Select “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap “Privacy Settings.”
- Scroll down to “How people find and contact you” and tap “Who has access to your friend list?”
- There are a few viable options here. If you choose “Only me,” no one other than you will be able to view your friends’ list. On the other hand, if you set it to “Friends except…”, you will be able to grant access to your friends’ list to certain people while denying access to others.
You can protect the privacy of your friends’ list in a few simple steps.