Facebook may just be the one social site showing the most user details by default. Considering you’re trying to make friends, and having these prospective friends know what you’re about might just be what seals the friendship deal, it isn’t such a bad idea.
Also, having your friends list open to the public may help make friends easily. Say you send out a friend request to a particular user, and they access your friends list just to see the type of people you’re friends with, and it so happens you share a friend or two with them, they’re likely to accept your request.
But, people value privacy a lot, especially on social media. These set of people like to keep things on the low and don’t appreciate their info broadcasted for the universe to peek at. Facebook in their preemptive ways made available privacy settings to allow these set of users be at ease. If you’re one of such people, this post exposes how you can keep people from viewing your friends list on Facebook.
How to Hide Friends List on Facebook
Facebook’s friends list can’t be toggled of per se, but can be hidden by tweaking a few things in the privacy section of your account settings. Here are the steps to accomplish that;
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontally stacked lines). On iOS devices, it’s situated on the bottom right but on the top right on Android devices.
- Select “Settings and Privacy” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap “Settings“.
- Scroll down towards the bottom to where you have and tap “Privacy Settings“.
- Scroll down to where you have “How people find and contact you” and tap “Who can see your friends list?“.
- There are a couple options to go with here. If you set it to “Only me“, no one except you will be able to see your friends list. On the other hand, if you set it to “Friends except…“, you will be able to allow your friends access to your friends list while denying certain people access.
In these few steps, you can take care of your friends list’s privacy.